So I haven't written for almost two weeks. After my last post, I spent the rest of the day feeling pretty subdued, and then the next day I was so happy it almost scared me. Since then I've been pretty normal, I guess. Get up, go to work, come home, make and eat dinner, watch some tv. I try to work out a bit every day, to eat well and to stay relatively calm. Some days I feel like nothing happened, and other days I feel like I'm just barely holding on. But, I am basically okay. Trying to stay positive and focusing on my health.
I worry that I haven't taken enough time for myself in all this. Work has been so crazy. Almost a year and a half I have the world's least stressful job that I love. Then at the same time the job becomes a little more than I feel I can normally handle, my life falls apart and it's almost unbearable. 6 weeks later, big bad project is pretty much done, and my emotional state also seems to be settling down. But, I just feel a little overly extended, and like I can't quite find my equilibrium. Meditation (or as close as I get these days) helps a lot. But, I don't think that I sleep enough - even when I try to, I still wake up after 6 hours. And time seems like it's moving in fast forward and I just can't seem to hit the pause button.
So this weekend I am going to try to strike a balance. On Saturday I will run errands and do chores and get stuff done around the house that I just haven't seemed to be able to get to (and that are starting to drive me a little crazy!) And then Sunday my lovely hubby and I are going to take the day off together. Just try to have a day where I don't think once about what we "should" be doing. We're going to go get lattes (hello red cups) and maybe hit a matinee - or stay in our pjs all day! Really doesn't matter, as long as I get to be completely irresponsible. Or, at least I can try - not sure I'm very good at it!
Then next week I am taking two well deserved days off and going to one of my favourite places on Earth (the Sunshine Coast) with my mom. Breathe in all of the lovely restorative energy there and just let go. Relax, write in my journal, watch movies and maybe get a pedicure. I'm not sure if it'll be enough, but I have no doubt that it will be a good start.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment