Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First Post

For a few months now, I've talked about trying out this blogging thing. Life has certainly given me a lot to write about in that time! Today I was talking to a friend who finally said that I just had to get started. So, having barely ever even read any blog posts, here I go.

So, I guess I should start with who I am. From the blog name you can probably guess two things - my name is Michelle, and I lack a bit in creativity. I'm 37 and married with two cat and no kids (yet.) My husband and I are both pretty geeky around the edge (our cats are named after hobbits, for example.) We've been married for 3 years, have been together for 6 - and have known each other for about 19! He was my "college sweetheart" and is now my partner in life. Funny the way life works out sometimes.

For about a year now, we've been trying to start a family. I've got PCOS, so we knew that it might be a bit harder for us to conceive. In the time, I've seen a naturopath and a doctor of TCM, practiced meditation and yoga. I've tried to improve my eating habits, to sleep enough and to decrease the stress in my life. I certainly am no expert, but I feel like I have learned alot of making babies in the past 15 months! I never felt like I did anything quite as well as perscribed, but I did clean up my act quite a bit. And this June we were thrilled to find out we conceived. Tragically, at 17 weeks we found out that the baby was very sick, and we had to terminate the pregnancy. Of course, we were devastated. But I believe in optimism, and we're also trying to stay hopeful.

Right now, we're taking a break while we recover physically and emotionally from this pregnancy and our loss. It's October now and the doctors say we need to wait 3 months, so we can start trying again in the New Year. (Fingers crossed that 3 cycles doesn't take much longer than 3 months!!)
In the meantime, trying to improve our health and lose the weight I gained while I was pregnant. Get back to doing those things that helped us to conceive the first time. And, in the meantime I thought I would write about the crazy journey that we're taking. The ups and the downs (figuratively, that is! This is a family establishment.....) And maybe whatever else happens to cross my mind.

So, thanks for reading.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment